Australia’s Got Talent 2009
Fourteen member Melbourne Brazilian style group Melsamba dance and play samba.
Brazilian music and dance is fun, energetic and creative. Rich in history, culture and rhythm the Melbourne Samba School aims to pass on this heritage to students of all ages and musical levels. Having fun while learning is a key to our teaching philosophy with adults and children alike all benefiting from their experience with us.
Our classes are interactive, hands on events adaptable to a variety of settings including classroom groups, private tuition or larger workshop environments. Whether it is drumming only, dance or a combination of the both, we can meet your needs. Teaching can be provided throughout the school year, evenings and on weekends with class duration varying from one hour, ½ day or ongoing sessions. Genuine Brazilian percussion instruments provided.
- Classes are fun and motivating
- Students develop a sense of rhythm and beat
- Active participation encourages confidence
- Students improve their listening skills
- Everyone can play beautiful sounds in only a short period of time
- Classes are open to all levels and abilities giving an opportunity for all students to learn
- More experienced students have the chance to play complex material and focus their skills
- Dance movement develops physical coordination, health and well being
- Students will learn about the culture of Brazil